We advertise an opening for a 15 months postdoctoral position at the Laser Physics Laboratory (Université Sorbonne Paris Nord), aiming at realizing our first studies with a continuous super-radiant laser experiment. See the Job description here. If interested, please contact Martin Robert-de-Saint-Vincent.
Lorentz Center Workshop on Ultracold Quantum Sensing, which will take place in Leiden, The Netherlands, 17 – 21 April. To apply, register your interest using this link till the deadline of February 5.
The goal of this workshop is to stimulate discussions of ultracold quantum sensors and their applications, between researchers, industry and potential users. We strive to help guide the development of quantum sensors along the most fruitful paths. The workshop focuses on four topics:
- Optical clocks
- Atom interferometry and continuous atomic sources
- Science with ultracold quantum sensors
- Industry ultracold quantum sensors and their applications
Confirmed invited speakers:
- Philippe Bouyer
- Klemens Hammerer
- Wolf von Klitzing
- Thomas Legero
- Tanja Mehlstäubler
- Eamonn Murphy
- Nicola Poli
- Ernst Rasel
- Yevgeny Stadnik
- Jürgen Stuhler
- James Thompson
- Wim Ubachs
We have 25 places for participants that would like to contribute to discussions and that will have the possibility to present a poster. In addition a few speaker slots remain to be distributed. The organizing committee will distribute these places shortly after Feb 5. If your application is accepted you can apply for travel and hotel cost support. The exact amount of support will be determined in dependence of available funding and the number of participants in need of support.
The recruited person will carry out her/his research activities at the Laboratory of Laser Physics, UMR7538 CNRS-University Sorbonne Paris Nord – http://www-lpl.univ-paris13.fr/
The candidate can contact:
- Anne Amy-Klein, laboratory director, Anne Amy-Klein
- OMA team, http://www-lpl.univ-paris13.fr/FR/Equipe-OMA-page-01.awp : team leader Jean-Michel Tualle, Jean-Michel Tualle
- MMTF team, http://www-lpl.univ-paris13.fr/FR/Equipe-MMT-presentation.awp : team leader Benoît Darquié, Benoit Darquié
- OPAL team, https://www.organicphotonics-lasers-lpl.com/ : team leader Sébastien Chénais, Sébastien Chenais
The recruited person will teach at the Department of Physical Measurements (MP), IUT of Saint Denis She/he can contact:
- Head of department: Nathalie DUPONT, Nathalie Dupont, 06 03 04 86 48
For more information, please see PROFIL MCF30 MP LPL
The FIRST-TF 2023 Call for Projects is now open. The deadline for submitting applications is March 13, 2023.
This call for projects aims to support teams from the FIRST-TF network on ambitious projects (research projects, projects in partnership with companies, training projects or dissemination of knowledge to the public) and to strengthen collaborations between its members, on themes focused on Time and Frequency metrology, its interfaces and its applications.
This year, the support provided by FIRST-TF may focus on:
• staff (financing of young researcher fixed-term contracts, engineering or technician fixed-term contracts, doctoral mission, no theses funded this year);
• Research / Service / Training equipment (material, components, instrumentation, etc.) including co-financing of medium-heavy equipment;
• operation (missions, invitations to researchers, organization of workshops or conferences, etc.).
The text of the call for projects as well as the response form can be downloaded here:
For any questions or requests for information relating to this call for projects, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The recruited candidate will carry out his research activities at the FOTON Institute in Rennes (DOP team) in the field of photonics and his teaching at the UFR SPM.
Those interested can contact now:
Marc VALLET, DOP team manager
(+33) 2 23 23 62 04,
Website : http://foton.cnrs.fr
For teaching profile:
Janine EMILE, director UFR SPM
(+33) 2 23 23 62 45,
For more information, please see fiche de poste MCF 30ème FOTON-DOP