Call for contributions – First GNU Radio French days (2-3 July 2018 – Lyon)
It is our pleasure to announce the first meeting centered around the GNU Radio framework held in France (Lyon). This workshop targets Frenchand European GNU Radio users and developpers. Contributions are sought in French or (preferably) English. The workshop will take place on the 2nd and 3rd of July, 2018, at INSA Lyon (France).
GNU Radio is an increasingly popular framework for Software Defined Radio components and Digital Signal Processing prototyping. As such our goals are as follows:
- Bring together active French and European
- GNU Radio users, coming from a scientific, technical, amateur or hacker backgroundF
- oster interaction between GNU Radio usersShare knowledge about GNU Radio developpement through tutorials, seminars and demos
- Bridge the gap between technical/engineering and scientific/research points of view on topics related to applied research with GNU Radio.
Such topics include:
- Defined Radio, radio prototyping,RF design,
- RADAR design
- Signal processing in embedded systems,
- GNU Radio development environment,
- New platforms
Contributions might for instance address the following topics (but not limited to):
- Cognitive Radio, Digital Communication and Agile SpectrumSharing
- RADAR systems and specifically passive radar
- Front-end analog characterization
- Design of Signal Processing algorithms as GNU Radio blocks
- Identification and decoding of signals, including satellite communication systems
- Security aspects of Radiocommunications
- Coupling GNURadio to Soc FPGA
- Various physical measurements (GNSS, Radioastronomy)
- … Your own favorite field here
GNU Radio users and developers are invited to present their experiments and activities. The first day (2nd of July) will be devoted to oral presentations, posters and demonstrations. The second day (3rd of July) will be dedicated to tutorials and hands-on sessions.
Contributions will be selected according to:
- Quality of the experimental process
- Reproducibility of the experiments and learning potential for other users
- A live demonstration or video is highly appreciated
Submissions of contributions:
- One page extended abstract (PDF format), describing the contribution itself and the desired presentation format (oral, poster and/or demo).
- Deadline: 20 of May
- Submission via the website: https://gnuradio-fr-18.sciencesconf.org/